If a region chooses to accept cash/check there are 2 options for receiving payments.
Accepting Cash/Check with an Amex
This option should be used if the region has a corporate Amex card to cover the cost of the National Fee.
1. User completes registration up to the checkout screen.
2. Admin logs in and finds the user through Common > Search & Manage Users
3. Admin navigates to the user's account and clicks the Shopping Cart icon in the top-right corner of the page.
4. Admin clicks through to the checkout screen.
5. Admin adjusts the Amount Paid field to the amount they want to put on the credit card, then runs the AmEx. If they want to put the whole amount on the AmEx, they can skip the adjustment to Amount Paid.
6. Admin goes to Orders and finds the order they just processed and clicks Manage.
7. Admin clicks "Receive Payments" and marks the rest of the order as paid by check.
How to accept Cash/Check payments with a Region Check
1. All users who plan to pay by check complete their registrations up to the checkout screen.
2. These users send their checks to the RC
3. The RC runs the AYSO Cash/Check Upload File report, found under Reports>>Billing Reports and edits it to remove any users whose checks they do not have.
4.RC sends this report, along with an appropriate check amount, to National. Email the Excel spreadsheet to email@example.com and send a check for the National Fee amount due, plus $1.00 for each player to the AYSO Lockbox address. The additional $1.00 is an additional per player processing fee for each player processed.
5. Once the order is cleared by National the player records will be updated as “paid” for the Membership Year and the Region will be notified. Please allow for approximately 48 hours processing time after delivery of the check at the Lockbox. After this, the RC goes to Common > Search & Manage Users.
6. RC finds the account of a user whose National Fee was cleared.
7. Admin navigates to the user's account and clicks the Shopping Cart icon in the top-right corner of the page.
8. Admin clicks through to the checkout screen.
9. The order will automatically update to no longer include the National Fee, and the RC may mark the order as paid by check.
10. Repeat steps 6-9 for all other users.