There are three ways to create a schedule using Blue Sombrero, here is how to import your own, previously made schedule.
Important Note: You will need to follow the EXACT format of our Schedule Template to ensure that all your games are entered correctly in the system. If you are seeing an error log when importing, take a look at this Guide for some tips on correcting your schedule.
If you are trying to create a new schedule from scratch, follow these tutorials:
1. Navigate to the Schedules tab on the admin tool bar and then click the green New Schedule button
2. Select Importing.
3. Fill in the Schedule Name, Select Program, Activity Type, and Select Division. You can click on the +Division button to add it to the allocated list. You can also adjust the match details.
Use the "Enable game notification reminders" feature to automatically send the appropriate participants/parents/volunteers event reminder emails two days before the scheduled event.
Add email addresses to the "Additional Recipients for Schedule Notifications" field to bcc the specified email on all Schedule Update emails. This is useful for referees or other field staff who'll need to be aware of scheduling changes.
4. Choose the File you would like to import and click Import CSV. Once the CSV file is accepted click the Generate Schedule button.
Make sure the teams in your import file have the exact name as the teams in the division selected above (must be exact!)
Make sure the locations and fields in the system have the same name as the locations and fields in your import file (must be exact!)
- Each schedule has its own standings, make sure when importing you limit the import to only include the teams you want listed in the standings (Ex. If it is a U10 schedule make sure you only use the U10 teams if you want the standings to show correctly)
Take a look at this Guide to see a better explanation of the errors you might be receiving. The system will pinpoint the exact error and in which row it's located in the CSV file
5. Once you have imported the schedule, you will be taken to Step 2, where you can manage the teams. This will allow you to add additional teams that were not originally included in the import.
6. Make any changes to the matches in Step 3 and click Accept to finalize the schedule.