This consists of Page Name, Title, Description, Keywords, Parent Page, View Permissions, and many more. See our Explanation of Page Settings below.
Steps to Edit a Page's Settings:
- Click Website on the admin menu.
- Click Settings next to the page settings you would like to edit.
- Change or enter any Page Details you need to (i.e. change Page Name, Page Title).
- Select a Parent Page for this page if you need to. This means the page you are editing will display underneath the specific Parent Page you choose. *Note: In the image below, About Our Club is the Parent Page of Our Club.
- To include a page in your menu, make sure there is a check mark in the Include In Menu? check box. This means the page will display in the main navigation menu.
- Scroll to the top of the page and click on the Permissions tab.
You can choose the groups of people that can view and administer this page here. If a group of users has a green check mark in the View Page check box, this means that they can only view the page you are currently editing.
Those users who have a green check mark in the Edit Page check box will be able edit the page that you are currently editing.
To grant a single user View/Edit access to a page, type their username in the text box below the Permissions module. Click Add and then click in the View Page and Edit Page check boxes to assign access.
- See below for an explanation of the Advanced tab and Other Settings.
- Click Update Page at the bottom once you are finished making changes.
Explanation of Page Details and Permissions Settings:
- Page Name- This is the name of the Page. The text you enter will be displayed in the menu system.
- Page Title- Enter a title for the Page here. The text you enter will be displayed in the browser window title.
- Description- Enter a description about this page here.
- Parent Page- Select the page that you would like this page to be a child of.
- Include In Menu- You have the choice on whether or not to include the page in the main navigation menu. If a page is not included in the menu, you can still link to it based on its page URL.
- Permissions- Choose the groups of people that can view and administer this page.
Explanation of Advanced and Other Settings:
- Icon- the chosen image will appear in the menu next to the page name
- Page Skin- The selected skin (background) will be applied to this page.
- Page Container- The selected container will be applied to modules on this page
- Disabled- If the page is disabled it is not available to users of the site. You can use this option to suppress content that you might wish to show at a later time.
- Start Date- Enter the start date for displaying this page. You may use the Calendar to pick a date.
- End Date- Enter the end date for displaying this page. You may use the Calendar to pick a date.
- Link URL- If you would like this page to behave as a navigation link to another resource, you can specify the Link URL value here. Please note that this field is optional.