Google Calendar is a free time-management web application offered by Google. Users are required to have a Google Account in order to setup a Google Calendar.
*Note: You can only embed Google Calendars on inner pages of your BSB website or on a team's team page. If you would like Events from your Google Calendar to display on your home page, you will need to insert your Google Calendar ID in your Settings bar. Please note that not all themes will display this Events calendar.
Steps to Embed a Google Calendar:
- Go to your Calendar in your Gmail account.
- Click the downward facing arrow to right of the Calendar name and then click Calendar settings.
- Once you're on the Schedule Details, click the Share this Calendar tab.
- Put a check mark in the Make this calendar public box. *Note: This is necessary for other people to be able to view your calendar.
- Click Save.
- Click the Calendar Details tab to the left of Share this Calendar.
- Scroll down to the Embed this Calendar section and copy the embedded iframe code.
- Flip back over to your Blue Sombrero site.
- Hover over the edit pencil in the upper right hand corner and click on Edit Content for the Content Module that you want the calendar to go in.
- Click the HTML tab at the bottom of the module.
- Paste the iframe Code in the box.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
- *Note: For the calendar to appear, you may need to clear your cache by pressing CTRL + F5 simultaneously on your keyboard. This calendar will update when you add or delete an event through your Google Calendar in your Gmail account.
****If you are having trouble getting your calendar to show up, make sure it is not connected to a business email address. If your email ends in @gmail.com, you are fine but if it ends in your club or any other business name, you will not be able to make your calendar public. You will need to create a personal gmail account in order to display a calendar. ****