Coupon Discount Codes
If you wish to add a coupon discount you will need to create a coupon code. These can be useful for scholarships. The same Coupon Code can be given to multiple accounts but can only be used once per account.
Steps to Configure Coupon Discount Codes:
- Go to Common>> Site Settings.
- Scroll down to the Coupon Discount section.
- Enter the coupon Number (1, 2, 3, etc.), This is not the Code that will be used. *Note: The Code will be generated once you click on Add.
- Enter the Name of the Coupon Discount (i.e Spring Scholarship). This will display on the check out screen for users who use the code so they know what the discount is for.
- Enter the Amount for the Coupon Discount. You do not need to include the dollar sign here.
- Select an Expiry Date. Users will only be able to use the Coupon Discount up to this date.
- Click on Add. The Code will be generated in the Code box. This will be the code you provide to your users. Users will input the code at check out. You can not choose what your code will be. This is randomized. *Note: Once a user has used a coupon at check out, you will no long be able to edit this coupon.
- You'll also need to make sure the Coupon Discount check box is enabled under the Apply Discount section right above the Coupon Discount section. *Once you enable the Coupon Discount option, a coupon code text box will be visible on the check out screen. Please note: A user will not be able to use a coupon code on an existing order. This must be a brand new order in order for this coupon code to apply.
- Click on Update at the bottom of the screen to save your changes.
- Once a coupon has passed its expiration date, it will be hidden from the main view to avoid clutter. To view old coupons, simply click on Show Expired.