Add Previous Teams
The Add Previous Teams feature will add any previous team name associated with the volunteers and players registered within a division. The system will also automatically allocate the volunteers and players to their most recent previous team name in the most previous program with the same activity type as the current program they are currently registered for. Team pages, volunteer profiles, and player profiles will all roll over with the use of Add Previous Teams.
*Note: If you have already used the Auto-Draft function for a division, then you will not be allowed to use the Add Previous Teams function.
Adding Previous Teams Tips & Tricks:
- In order for previous teams to work for tryout participants, the player must have accepted their position from their most recent team.
- Also, adding previous teams to a new program will only work to grab the teams from a previous program with the same activity type.
- If a participant was/is on two or more teams, the previous team will be added based on the MOST recent team the player was allocated to.
- You can always undo adding the previous teams - this will unallocate any allocated volunteers or participants.
- It is best practice to "add previous teams" once all players are registered. If a team is created and only has 1 player or 1 volunteer rostered, you will see the following message "This team may have been created due to a player requesting to play up last season. If that's the case, feel free to delete this team".
Steps to Add Previous Teams:
On the Teams Landing Page, select a program and division from the drop down menus and then click on the Add New Teams button.
Click the Previous Teams button and then click OK I'm Ready to recreate the previous team(s). The system will automatically allocate both volunteers and players to their most recent previous team name in ANY previous program with the same activity type as the current program they are registered for. Any players without a previous team for a recent program with the same activity type will remain unallocated.
The Add Previous Teams button will change to Undo Add Previous Teams once your teams have been created. The Undo Add Previous Teams button will unallocate all players and volunteers in all divisions and remove the previous teams from the Teams Landing Page. Simply click Undo Add Previous Teams and then Okay, I am ready! to undo this process.
- Please see our Steps to Edit Teams if you need to edit a team.