New Players Report
Please follow the steps below to view enrollment details for new players only. *Note: This only works assuming that the players all have different names and are only enrolled in one division per program/season.
Steps to Configure an Enrollment Details report in Excel for New Players:
- In your Blue Sombrero system, go to Reports >> then export to Excel the Enrollment Details report that you need (you'll need to edit the report first to only include certain programs that you need the information for).
- Once in Excel, insert a new column to the right of the Player Last Name column.
- In row 1 of the new column, type the label "Concatenate".
- In row 2 of the Concatenate column, we want to combine player first name and player last name in order to find the duplicates, so input the following formula: =Concatenate(ColumnRow, ColumnRow). For this example, I needed to combine Column E & Column F starting with Row 2. So my formula is =Concatenate(E2,F2).
- Hit Enter after typing in your formula. This will combine the cells so that the information is now all in one cell in the Concatenate column.
- Now drag the bottom right corner of the cell that you typed the formula in, in order to copy the formula down the entire Concatenate column.
- Now select your entire Concatenate column and go to Conditional Formatting >> Highlight Cell Rules >> Duplicate Values.
- Select Duplicate values with Light Red Fill with Dark Red Text from the drop-down menus then click on OK.
- Now click on Sort & Filter >> Custom Sort.
- Click on Sort when the Sort Warning prompt comes up.
- Sort by Column: Concatenate. Sort on: Cell Color. Order: Light Red - On Top. Click OK. See image below.
- Now all your duplicate players will show in red at the top of your spreadsheet. You can delete the duplicates by clicking on Data >> Delete Duplicates. Once you delete all the duplicates, you'll only be left with new players.