Importing Your Club Data to Sports Signup
Importing your club’s registration data into the Sports Signup system is easy with Blue Sombrero! We have outlined some steps below that will walk you through the process of getting your data out of your Blue Sombrero system and into your Sports Signup system in just a few minutes. As always, our Support Ninjas are here to help if you have any questions. To get started, you will be using a brand new report called the Sports Signup Import Report.
Steps to Configure a Sports Signup Import File on Blue Sombrero:
1. Go to Reports >> then click on the Governing Body Reports tab.
2. Select the program you want to run this report for from the Select Program drop down. Click Edit next to the Sports Signup Import Report - Soccer.
3. Change the Report Name to: Sports Signup Import Report - 2013-2014 Travel Soccer (or the specific name of your program and program year).
4. Click Save beneath this Report Name.
**Note: Before you export your file to Excel, you will need to make sure you have updated the State Team Number for each team under Teams >> Edit next to a specific team >> Step 1 >> Additional Settings. These State Team Numbers will fill in your Team ID column for all players.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Export to CSV. Check out the How to Save as a CSV File in case you need to Export to Excel and save as a CSV file type from there.
**Note: After you export your file to Excel, you will need to make sure you update the Role column appropriately. This column will export to Excel as a blank field.
6. Click Save in Excel, then change the filename and extension to the program name and program year, for example: Sports-Signup-Player-Import-2013-2014-Travel-Soccer.csv, and save the file to your desktop.
You should be all set to import to Sports Signup after this!