Importing Your Club Data to Little League
Importing your club’s registration data into the Little League system is easy with Blue Sombrero! We have outlined some steps below that will walk you through the process of getting your data out of your Blue Sombrero system and into your Little League system in just a few minutes. As always, our Support Ninjas are here to help if you have any questions. To get started, you will be using a report called the Little League Player Import Report.
Steps to Configure a Little League Player Import File on Blue Sombrero:
1. Go to Reports >> then click on the Governing Body Reports tab.
2. Select the program you want to run this report for from the Select Program drop down. Click Edit next to the Little League Player Import Report.
3. Change the Report Name to: Little League Player Import Report - 2013 Spring Baseball (or the specific name of your program and program year).
4. Click Save beneath this Report Name.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Export to CSV. Check out the How to Save as a CSV File in case you need to Export to Excel and save as a CSV file type from there.
**Note: After you export your file to Excel, you will need to make sure you do a Find & Replace with the Role, State, and Country columns.
Role needs to have “B” and “G” instead of “M” and “F.”
State needs to be 2 letters instead of spelled out.
Country needs to be “US” instead of United States.
After you export to Excel, you will also need to manually input the Division # column. Here are the valid LLB Division codes:
11 = Baseball Tball
12 = Baseball Minors
13 = Baseball Majors
14 = Intermediate Division (50/70)
15 = Baseball Senior
16 = Baseball Big League
17 = Baseball Junior
18 = Challenger Division
21 = Girls Softball Tball
22 = Girls Softball Minors
23 = Girls Softball Majors
25 = Girls Softball Senior
26 = Girls Softball Big League
27 = Girls Softball Junior
31 = Boys Softball Tball
32 = Boys Softball Minors
33 = Boys Softball Majors
35 = Boys Softball Senior
36 = Boys Softball Big League
37 = Boys Softball Junior
6. Click Save in Excel, then change the filename and extension to the program name and program year, for example: Little-League-Player-Import-2013-Spring-Baseball.csv, and save the file to your desktop.
You should be all set to import to Little League after this!