Importing Your Club Data to the Connecticut State System
Importing your club’s registration data into the Connecticut State System is easy with Blue Sombrero! We have outlined some steps below that will walk you through the process of getting your data out of your Blue Sombrero system and into your Connecticut State System in just a few minutes. As always, our Support Ninjas are here to help if you have any questions. To get started, you will be using a brand new report called the Connecticut State Import Report - Players.
Steps to Configure a Connecticut State Import Player File on Blue Sombrero:
1. Go to Reports >> then click on the Governing Body Reports tab.
2. Select the program you want to run this report for from the Select Program drop down. Click Edit next to Connecticut State Import Report - Players.
3. Change the Report Name to: Connecticut State Import Report - Players - 2013-2014 Travel Soccer (or the specific name of your program and program year).
4. Click Save beneath this Report Name.
**Note: Before you export your file to Excel, you will need to make sure you have updated your State Level under Teams >> Edit >> Step 1 >> Additional Settings. The State Level field will fill in your Level column for all players.
You will also need to update the Registration #/StateID field in Teams >> Registration & Jersey #. This will fill in your StateId column for all players. You can update the Jersey Number field on this page as well.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Export to CSV. Check out the How to Save as a CSV File in case you need to Export to Excel and save as a CSV file type from there.
**Note: After you export your file to Excel, you will need to make sure you update the MultiRoster column appropriately. This column will export to Excel as a blank field.
**Important Note: Once you export this report to Excel, you will also need to run and export the Connecticut State Import Report - Volunteers report and combine these two reports into one giant report before you import to the Connecticut State Association.
6. Click Save in Excel, then change the filename and extension to the program name and program year, for example: Connecticut-State-Import-Report-Players-2013-2014-Travel-Soccer.csv, and save the file to your desktop.
You should be all set to import to the Connecticut State Soccer System after this!