Importing Your Club Data to Got Soccer
Importing your club’s registration data into your state’s system is easy with Blue Sombrero! We have outlined some steps below that will walk you through the process of getting your data out of your Blue Sombrero club system and into your State’s Got Soccer system in just a few minutes. As always, our Support Ninjas are here to help if you have any questions. To get started, you will be using a brand new report called the Got Soccer Coach Import Report.
Steps to Configure a Got Soccer Coach Import File on Blue Sombrero:
1. Go to Reports >> then click on the Governing Body Reports tab.
2. Select the program you want to run this report for from the Select Program drop down. Click Edit next to the Got Soccer Coach Import Report.
3. Change the Report Name to: Got Soccer Coach Import Report - 2013-2014 Travel Soccer (or the specific name of your program and program year).
4. Scroll back up to the top of the report and click on Save.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Export to CSV. This is an important step as you must have the file saved as a CSV file in order to import to Got Soccer. Check out the how to save as a CSV file for more info.
6. Choose Save, then change the file name and extension to: Got-Soccer-Coach-Import-2013-2014-Travel-Soccer.csv and save it to your desktop.
Steps to Import to Got Soccer:
- Go to the Got Soccer site and login.
- Go to Club >> Coaches >> Upload Coaches.
- Put a check by the field First row contains column headings.
- Click on Choose File and select your recently saved import CSV file from your desktop.
- Click on Open Selected File.
- For each field that you are importing, you will need to map the appropriate column to the appropriate field name in the Got Soccer system. For example, for the Date of Birth field, I have selected Date of Birth from the drop down menu.
- Click on Import Data and you will be taken to a confirmation screen.
- That's all there is to it!