Importing Your Club Data to the Connecticut State System
Importing your club’s registration data into the Connecticut State System is easy with Sports Connect! We have outlined some steps below that will walk you through the process of getting your data out of your Sports Connect system and into your Connecticut State System in just a few minutes. As always, our Support Ninjas are here to help if you have any questions. To get started, you will be using a report called the Connecticut State Import Report - Volunteers.
Steps to Configure a Connecticut State Import Volunteer File on Sports Connect:
1. Go to Reports >> then click on the Governing Body Reports tab.
2. Select the program you want to run this report for from the Select Program drop down. Click Edit next to Connecticut State Import Report - Volunteers.
3. Change the Report Name to: Connecticut State Import Report - Volunteers - 2013-2014 Travel Soccer (or the specific name of your program and program year).
4. Click Save beneath this Report Name.
**Note: Before you export your file to Excel, you will need to make sure you have updated your State Level and State Team Number under Teams >> Edit >> Step 1 >> Additional Settings. These State Level and State Team Number fields will fill in your Level and StateId columns for all players.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Export to CSV. Check out the How to Save as a CSV File in case you need to Export to Excel and save as a CSV file type from there.
**Note: After you export your file to Excel, you will need to make sure you update the Jersey and MultiRoster columns appropriately. These columns will export to Excel as blank fields.
**Important Note: Once you export this report to Excel, you will also need to run and export the Connecticut State Import Report - Players report and combine these two reports into one giant report before you import to the Connecticut State Association.
6. Click Save in Excel, then change the filename and extension to the program name and program year, for example: Connecticut-State-Import-Report-Volunteers-2013-2014-Travel-Soccer.csv, and save the file to your desktop. You should be all set to import to the Connecticut State Soccer System after this!