Importing Your Club Data to the Minnesota Youth Soccer System
Importing your club’s registration data into the Minnesota Youth Soccer System is easy with Sports Connect! We have outlined some steps below that will walk you through the process of getting your data out of your Sports Connect system and into your Minnesota Youth Soccer System in just a few minutes. As always, our Support Ninjas are here to help if you have any questions. To get started, you will be using a brand new report called the MYSA Keeper Participant Import File.
Steps to Configure a MYSA Keeper Participant Import File on Sports Connect:
1. Go to Reports >> then click on the Governing Body Reports tab.
2. Select the program you want to run this report for from the Select Program drop down. Click Edit next to the MYSA Keeper Participant Import File Report.
3. Change the Report Name to: MYSA Keeper Participant Import File - Players - 2013-2014 Travel Soccer (or the specific name of your program and program year.
4. Click Save beneath this Report Name.
**Note: Before you export your file to Excel, you will need to make sure you have updated the Registration #/StateID under Teams >>Players>> Registration & Jersey # and the State Team Number under Teams >> Edit >> Teams Details>> Additional Settings. These Registration #/State ID and State Team Number fields will fill in your ParticipantID and TeamID columns for all players.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Export to CSV. Check out the How to Save as a CSV File in case you need to Export to Excel and save as a CSV file type from there.
**Note: After you export your file to Excel, you will need to make sure you update the Rec TeamID, Plus4, AreaCode, FatherAreaCode, FatherExtension, FatherCellAreaCode, MotherAreaCode, MotherExtension, MotherCellAreaCode, CustomFields1 -8, BirthCert, Active, Pass, PlayUp, and OverRoster columns appropriately. These columns will export to Excel as blank fields.
6. Click Save in Excel, then change the filename and extension to the program name and program year, for example: MYSA-Keeper-Participant-Import-File-2013-2014-Travel-Soccer.csv, and save the file to your desktop. You should be all set to import to the Minnesota Youth Soccer System after this!