Link Documents within Emails
Rather than attaching the file to the email, we suggest linking documents within the email itself with our Document Manager tool. The reason for this is that many mail providers and antivirus programs have very strict attachment policies.
Steps to Link Documents Within Emails:
- First, you'll need to get to Step 11 on our Send an Email help page.
- Then you'll just need to type the word(s) you want to link the document to, highlight the word(s), and click on our Document Manager button. See image below.
- Select a file from the list (these are documents from your File Manager) or click on Upload to upload a file from your computer.
- If you chose to select a previously uploaded file from the list, please skip to step 8.
- If you chose to Upload a document from your computer, click on Select.
- Find the file on your computer, select it, and then click on Open.
- Now click on Upload.
- Scroll through your list of files (sorted alphabetically), select the file you just uploaded or a previous file, and then click on Insert.
- The highlighted text within your email will now be linked to that file so recipients can open it directly from the body of their email.
- Follow the rest of the steps on our Send an Email help page to finish sending your email.