Troubleshooting Your Computer
If you are having issues on your site such as the items not appearing, items not updating properly, repetitive error messages, etc. -- it is likely due to the settings on your personal computer. Please carefully follow ALL steps below until the issue is resolved. If issues continue after exhausting the steps below, please log a case with us at http://support.bluesombrero.com with specific details of the issue and a screen shot if possible, as it may be necessary to have your computer looked at by an actual computer technician.
*We strongly recommend using Google Chrome as a preferred browser.
Check Your System Settings:
Run a Windows Update
- Go to your Start Menu
- Choose All Programs
- Then choose Windows Update, follow the onscreen instructions to ensure that you computer's software is up to date.
Make sure you have the latest version of Internet Explorer browser
- To do this, open an Internet Explorer window.
- At the top, click on the Help menu and choose About Internet Explorer.
- Make sure the version number is NOT lower than IE10. If it is lower than IE10, you will need to download the most recent version of Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx
- Again, we strongly recommend using Google Chrome over IE.
Norton Anti-Virus occasionally interferes with certain features on the site. You will need to add Blue Sombrero to the list of trusted sites OR in some cases turn it off all together. If you need assistance doing so you can find technical support at: http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/
Open the Norton Security Console
- Navigate to where you can add a trusted site
- Add www.bluesombrero.com/* as a trusted site (make sure the star is after the forward slash!)
- Macromedia Flash Player
- Please make sure you have the latest version of the macromedia flash player.Please click on, or paste, the following link into your internet browser and download the free macromedia flash player. (**Make sure you uncheck the box to also install the Yahoo Toolbar as this is not something we recommend adding to your browser.)http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
Other issues me be caused if you have Microsoft's built in pop up blocker with Internet Explorer sp2. Common symptoms include a "blank" screen on the player info screen. To allow Blue Sombrero sites to bypass the Pop-Up Blocker, follow these steps:
- Go to Tools>>Pop Up Blocker>>Pop Up Blocker Settings
- In the "Address of website to allow" text box, type in " *.bluesombrero.com "
- Click Add
- Click Close
Clear Cache (CTRL + F5)
Often, any error messages that appear on a Blue Sombrero site during the function of standard administrative tasks can be circumvented by ensuring that your browser cache is empty. Old temporary internet files or cookies can cause problems when attempting to access current data tables on your site:
- Open a new Internet Explorer page
- Click on Tools at the top of the page
- Select Internet Options
- Under Browsing History, click Delete
- Select “Delete all…” OR delete by Type (Temporary Internet Files and Cookies MUST be deleted)
- Check the box to “Also delete files and settings stored by add-ons”
- Click Yes
Taking a Screen Shot:
To help us troubleshoot, it's always great to have a screenshot to view. This will allow us to see what you are seeing so that we can assess what the root of the issue is that you are experiencing. Below are steps to take a screenshot:
- Get to the screen with the error message on it.
- While holding down CTRL, hit Print Screen (the button should be next to the F12 button).
- Open a Word document.
- While holding down CTRL, hit V.
- Your Club Name
- The Exact part of the site you are working on (i.e. Admin>>Reports>>Report Wizard>>Fall Soccer Orders and Details Report )
- A brief description of the issue