Sports Connect is committed to its partnership with Little League® to provide protection to its players, families and volunteers, on and off the field. To support that mission, Sports Connect has integrated with J.D. Palatine (JDP) to make conducting background checks fast and easy.
Please note - This feature is only available for Little League Baseball and Softball affiliated programs. Before submitting volunteers, you will need to have an account with JDP. Visit the following link to register with JDP: Little League Background Checks.
Navigate to the Teams tab within the admin toolbar, then select Team Personnel > Verifications.
- Navigate through the drop-down menus to filter through the available Team Personnel by Program, Division and/or Team.
- The Head Coach, Asst. Coach, and Team Manager roles are enabled by default; click the Role filter to enable other Custom Roles for verification.
- Select the appropriate Team Staff by checking the box next to their name, then click "Send Background Check" to email the volunteer a link to complete the Little League® Volunteer Application via JDP. Click here to view the sample email.
- Little League grants your league’s first 125 background checks for free!
After a background check notification has been sent, the Date Submitted and Status columns will populate for the appropriate Team Staff.
- Team Staff Backgrounds Checks will have one of the following statuses:
- Pending - background checks are marked as Pending until the volunteer has completed the Little League® Volunteer Application
- Canceled - Pending background checks are Canceled after 14 days
- Error - Any background check marked as Error will display a Resend button; Resend the background check to get an updated status.
- Ready - These background checks are ready for review; click the View Report button to log into JDP to assess the results.
- After viewing the background check information within JDP, use the appropriate button to mark the user as Passed/Verified or Ineligible to Participate.